Photo Source: From Huffington Post (But edited to make it personalized)
I have been not been a makeup person in the past but lately have realised a little bit of makeup makes an impact in a good way. This new interest has lead me to go through various informative sites and blogs. I was always curious to know the essential brushes to have as I was so indecisive and without any knowledge as to what to buy when such a vast range of makeup brushes are available and of course how to use them.
Here I share with you the must have 5 make-up brushes I have come across. If you are a beginner like me then get these brushes and you will be sorted.
- Face brush – for foundation
- blending brush – for eyes
- Small angled brush for eyeliners (for smokiness) and for brows
- Larger Shader brush- flat brush for applying products- paint pots, smoky techniques
- Shorter Shader Brush- for smudging
Source: Huffington Post
Now that you have a some make-up stuff, displaying them in a tray will beautify your space and also will just keep you motivated to use them. Use your old emptied candle jars (i have a thing for containers so have always been keeping emptied candles and votives) – this will give a touch of class. Use old glassware and simple trays to display your sweet smelling perfumes. Old glass tumblers (if your glass sets are spoiled) are good way to utilise your favorite piece of glassware rather than shelving them in some corner of your house. Some ideas on trays- you can check out my post here
Photo from here
Photo: From here
I realised that we spend a lot on these make-up brush but we do not take care of how to keep them clean so that they sustain for a long time. With every use we keep making them dirtier and dirtier. And a time comes where we just dump them away.
There are ways to clean them and keep these tools intact for long run. We just need to take care of these essential.
There are few cheap ways to clean make-up brushes and these can be done at home!
1. You can use bathing soap- Rub the brush against the soap bar and rinse with lukewarm water to wash off dirt and then dry with a tissue. (Make sure you do not dip the barrel part of the brush, otherwise you bristles will loosen up and will fall out)
2. Liquid dish soap and dry sponge- here pour a drop of the liquid soap on the bristles of the brush and then gently rub it on the sponge. Rinse with Lukewarm water and then leave it out to dry on a tissue.
3. Olive Oil- Simply dip your brushes in the oil and you will see the dirt coming out. Your bristles will be left softer and nicer.
These DIY tips were taken from here.
Hope this post is helpful.
With the Valentine coming up I am sure you all out there are going to Dazzle up! No matter you have a Valentine or not. Be thankful of everything you have got as there are many out there in this world not as privileged as you. Enjoy and look best…its the inner beauty makeup is just a superficial add on…….